Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Over the past year, I have been working on a project with Katie Cunningham that looked at the social behaviors of juvenile Caribbean spiny lobsters and how the sponge die-off in the Florida Bay might affect how they choose to associate. This spring, I was fortunate enough to have the opportunity to present the research I had been working on for the past year at several different times. Katie and I presented our research both at CBASS as well as Focus on Creative Inquiry.

I was also fortunate enough to travel down to Jacksonville, Florida and present our research at the Benthic Ecology Meeting. While at this meeting, I also had the opportunity to attending many talks people gave on the research they have been doing. The Benthic Ecology Meeting really opened my eyes to the number of potential things I could do in the field of marine biology and ecology.

CI group at the Benthic Ecology Meeting in Jacksonville, FL.

I am so very grateful for being a part of the Creative Inquiry program for the past year. The knowledge and experience I've gained while working on the projects has been so helpful and really solidified my desire to pursue research.

No comments: