Sunday, August 25, 2019

Coral Holt: What I did this summer

Hi everyone!

My name is Coral Holt. I'm new to the CMR team this year, but I've previously participated in Something Very Fishy and loved it! Over the next two years I'll be working with Dr. Childress on his lobster studies.

I want to kick off the new school year with a post about what I did this summer. I did a little bit of everything this summer, which made for a good balance of relaxing and keeping myself busy. In the first month of summer, I was able to go home to Myrtle Beach, rest up, and spend some much-needed time with family. During this time I also worked on some professional development as well as MCAT studying.

Then, I had the amazing opportunity to spend a month in Columbia at the USC School of Medicine shadowing throughout June. Through this experience I met so many amazing people, and I further solidified my passion for medicine. During this month, I took a little weekend trip back home to go to the Carolina Country Music Fest, which was a blast!

The last month of summer was spent back at home taking a biochemistry course. Although most definitely difficult, I ended up learning a lot through this course. Also during this time, the USWNT (my favorite team) won the World Cup!!!

Now I am back in Clemson, ready and excited to kick off the school year! I look forward to keeping you all up to date throughout my time here.

Coral Holt




1 comment: