Tuesday, September 13, 2016

Summer! & work (a lot)

This past summer, I was always busy. I had two jobs, one working for a seed company and the other working for the gymnastics center in my hometown. Being a gymnastics coach was definitely the best part of my work. I worked with children between 6- early teens. This was so much fun! The girls I taught were a great group, and it was like one big family in the gym. Seeing their hard work pay off and the encouragement in the gym made many of my days. I was also doing something that I love, so for me it never felt like actual work.








When I am home, my dad and I usually try to take as many boat trips as we can to the different rivers in the lower part of South Carolina. One of my favorite trips out on the boat this summer was a boat ride down Black River out to Georgetown, and spending the day on the water. Spending time on the water with my family has always been a big part of my summers. Of course you can’t have a real boat trip without doing a little bit of fishing, we went fishing several times while we were out on the boat. Our fishing is never anything too big, though there was one attempt for sheepshead, but that attempt was abandoned when the mid-July sun got too hot and windy that afternoon on the jetties.
I was able to check off (at least) two of my life goals over these past few months. I learned how to drive a straight drive this summer, and learned to surf. I have wanted to learn to drive a straight drive ever since my dad got his jeep, so this was a big accomplishment for me. I went down to Charleston to visit a friend for a weekend, and she taught me how to surf. Although I only stood up once, in the short time I was in Charleston, I cannot wait to go back and do it again!
Overall, this summer was pretty great, and I enjoyed every minute of it. This will be my first semester in the creative inquiry and I am so excited to see what this fall has in store for me!



No comments: